7.08.2014

recent reads.

THE TULIP EATERS:
I really loved this book. It was very unrealistic and a bit too neatly wrapped up (many reviewers said) but honestly, I thought the fast pace and quick unraveling of secrets and dead ends was really gratifying and gripping. I couldn't put it down and decided to suspend my skepticism with historical facts and technology and detectives and love, and other things. I just let it sweep me away in fields of tulips, loss, love, and secrets. I definitely recommend this book! A-

UNHOOKING THE MOON
Despite being classified as a juvenile/young adult book,  I really think it was very adult and grown up in nature, themes, and language. There was so much depth to it and I got really entertained and involved in the wild and fantastical tale of two orphans that find themselves in New York City and a couple of other boroughs meeting the most bizarre yet strangely real and solid cast of characters that I've encountered in a novel in the longest time. I would even read this book again, I loved it so much..it touched me and really resounded with me. I loved the message, the adventure, and the heart. A+


THE KITCHEN WITCH
I've been an Annette Blair fan for ages but somehow, this witch novel from the beginning slipped through my cracks and I haven't actually read it until last week. It is just as wonderful as her other withcy fun tales in Salem. I love the setting and the characters, the chemistry flies off the pages and the fashion fun and vintage flair of Blair's characters is always appreciated. I love that her leading women have curves, sex appeal, and confidence. They don't really need men, they just need love. It's really refreshing and a nice way to mix up the girly books a bit by throwing one of her books in the lot. I still love 'My Favorite Witch' the most from her because the sex scenes were some of the hottest and realistic ones I've ever read! I also really loved the hockey player tough guy lead in that one, in this one, I wasn't really as sold on the stuffed suit reformed bad boy. I like it better when the bad boy past is much more obvious! That's just me though. A-

It was a really good month to read.
Any good books on your end?
xx

3 comments:

Danielle Barbe said...

I am going to have to check these out! I am looking for some summer reads. I just picked up "The Vacationers". Hopefully it's good!

Beckerman Girls said...

I was looking for some FABBB books! This looks AMAZZZZING!
kisses
xoThe Beckerman Girls

www.BeckermanBlog.com

Jardin de la Mode said...

Thanks for the tups! X